As mentioned in my previous post, it's been two years since I last blogged here. I thought it might be nice to just give a quick recap of what has changed in my life during that time:
1. I finished a master's degree in Environmental Sciences & Policy. So you know--I'm, like, an expert now.
2. I left my job at a big environmental nonprofit, where I worked for four-and-a-half years (including part-time while I earned the master's degree).
3. I moved half-way across the country, from DC to central Illinois.
4. I got engaged to the previously-mentioned crafty boyfriend.
5. I started a new job at a big state university, where my title is Sustainability Specialist. (What did I tell you? Expert.)
Those are the big things. And interestingly enough, they all happened within the last 6 months. Before that, I was just busy working and going to school, hence no time for blogging. But now that I'm settling into a new job, home, city, relationship status, etc., I've realized that graduate school provided me with an outlet that I originally wanted from this blog, and which I have found myself wanting again, now that I'm out of school. So here we are, starting back up.
The life changes listed above will definitely lend themselves to some blog topics, from the differences in my car-free lifestyle in moving from the nation's capital to a small city in the midwest, to trying to plan an environmentally-benign wedding with 300 guests. So, you can look forward to those. And I'll look forward to having an outlet for all my sustainability-related ponderings.